Thursday, April 13, 2006

TUNA Sandwiches

My sister, Jan, called me and asked me - "What are we having for dinner tonight?" (You see - she's going "raw" too.) So I asked her, "How does TUNA SANDWICHES sound?"
Her reply.... "REALLY?"


Tuna Salad
(Raw Power p. 122)
called "walnut pate"

3 c walnuts
2 cloves garlic
1/2 small onion
3 stalks celery
1/2 c fresh parsley
( I added 1 T Dulse flakes)
1 T. Fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. sea salt

Soak the walnuts for 30 mins then drain. Put garlic, onion, celery and parsley into the food processor and process until finely chopped. Add walnuts , lemon juice and sea salt. Blend
until smooth. (I added a couple of tablespoons of my honey mustard sauce)
Makes about 3 cups.


We served it on Ezekiel's sprouted bread, with
honey mustard sauce, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, & avocados.


Jacob insisted on putting pickles on it - so I took a bite.
Oh yeah - pickles are a must! (they aren't raw though)
A friend, Bruce Christensen, stopped by.
I had him taste this "tuna salad" on a spoon. He
didn't know what it was but told me it was very good!
He was sure it was tuna. Nope. It's walnuts!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

More yummy pictures! I don't make recipes very often, so when I want to make one, I've got plenty to choose from just from your blog alone! Thanks for sharing the recipes with everyone. They all look so great! I'm sure they taste even better. ;)

10:24 PM

 
Blogger Judy Cozza Photography said...

Hi Cindy - what do you fix your kids
if you don't make recipes - email off line - judycozza@gmail.com I am curious. A friend came over and she couldn't believe how this tastes like tuna. She wanted to see it a little more "airy" and not so dense - so maybe I need to add more ??? (water?) to it.

1:22 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the recipe for your honey mustard sauce here somewhere? It sounds delicious!

5:14 PM

 
Blogger TheTalley said...

Judy,
If you add water it will make it runnier not fluffier. Try adding less walnuts and more veggies. That might do the trick. It looks DELICIOUS and I remember this being one of my favorite recipes on the manna bread. YUM! YUM!!

9:12 PM

 
Blogger Jodie said...

oh come on, mom...can't you make raw pickles? I know Jen and I made "3 hour refrigerator pickles" that didn't include cooking them. That's your next goal: raw pickles!

12:06 PM

 
Blogger Judy Cozza Photography said...

When you finish school - can you please show me how to make raw pickles? I think the brine used to make pickles isn't the healthiest -kills enzymes? - I am still learning though.

12:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home