Saturday, April 08, 2006

ENCHILADAS

Joey couldn't hold back. Even though the enchildas sauce was dripping down
the sides, he still lifted the burrito up to eat it in just one bite. "This sauce is delicious!"

It all started with a massive case of tomatoes. I decided to dry them and make my own
SUN-DRIED TOMATOES - RAW! I dried them overnight with sea salt and Italian seasoning.

I stuffed them in a jar filled with delicious Olive Oil!

My best friend, Peggy Archuleta emailed me her version of "raw enchiladas sauce" that called
for "SUN-DRIED TOMATOES". She stopped by to show me how to make it. Here it is - I was shocked out of my gord at the incredible flavor. "You put cocoa in it?" I asked! Oh - get the spoon - who needs anything else!

So, here is Peggy filling an Eziekel Sprouted Tortilla with lettuce, tomatoes and avocados.

She is getting it ready to give it to Joey.
(notice how much sauce she is putting on the top!)
YUM! YUM!


It actually took Joey more than one bite to finish it.
and he loved every minute of it. "Can I have another one", he asked.
I think it took him about 20 mins to finish licking his fingers!
(Joe - that's not polite for the camera!)

He just didn't care.


ENCHILADAS SAUCE
(Peggy Archuleta's originial recipe!)

2 red bell peppers cut up
2 garlic cloves
1 cup sun-dried tomatoes (in oil)
1 avocado (to thicken it)
2 tsp. Braggs Aminos
1 tsp cumin
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp raw cocoa
about 1/4 cup of water - watch to see how much you need.
(OR - Gina didn't put in the water. She put in 1 more avocado and said it was just like beans!)
Blend it all up in the blender until smooth.
Taste it if you need any salt.

Serve on Ezekiel's Sprouted Tortillas, or bread or use
Romaine lettuce to make a lettuce wrap.
Pile high with shredded romaine or red leaf lettuce
avocados
diced onions
diced tomatoes
cilantro.
Drizzle more enchiladas sauce on top!
ENJOY!
THANKS PEGGY - Joey wants to know when you are coming back!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Paula said...

thank you thank you thank you so much for sharing this!!

11:19 AM

 
Blogger TheTalley said...

You are AMAZING.. The enchilada sauce is SUCH a great idea. I'm going to have to teach YOUR food at my classes. Now , I need to teach you how to make a raw corn tortilla and the whole thing can be ALL raw and JUST as tasty. YOU ROCK!! Love ya, Rach

11:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forget the sauce. I didn't add water but added another 1/2 avocado to thicken it up and it tastes just like beans to me! Bean burritos here I come!

12:20 PM

 
Blogger Judy Cozza Photography said...

Gina - the sauce was outstanding!! (Okay- I'll bring you some sun dried tomatoes!)
maw

1:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Judy. I was looking through some of your older blogs and saw this one. I have a question about the sun-dried tomatoes. When you are finished with them, can you make more and use the same olive oil? I should be getting some tomatoes this year and would love to fix them this way.
Thanks...Melody in KC

8:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home