Tuesday, April 04, 2006

GREEN DRINK - EVERY DAY!

So many friends have asked to see my green drink. I do this every single day
and sometimes twice. It is the MAINSTAY of my way of eating. GREENS.
I watched and learned this from Rachel Talley in Provo, Utah.
I start with approx. 2 cups of filtered water.

I try to always use organic greens in my drink. I put
in 2 handfuls of the Mixed Greens and 1 handful each of spinach and kale.
I also use 2 tsp. of this Green Drink powder from Trader Joe's.
It has 15 different greens in it so I love the variety that we are getting.


So I pack it all into the super Vita Mix blender.


I then open a young Thai coconut and use all of the water inside plus
all of the meat that I scrape out. I do this every single day. If you
read up on the health benefits of these coconuts - you would do it too!

I just layer it all on top. Water on the bottom and built up from there.


I always put in a couple of ripe bananas but sometimes add a pear or an apple.


I have to have it cold - so I always add ice.

If I have it already made up - I will add a cup of almond milk. Remember - this is my whole meal for the morning or for lunch. I want it full and hearty with lots of variety.


Okay - my Vita Mix is full and I'm ready to make the drink!


I whirl it around for about 30 seconds - it doesn't take much more than that and I
don't want to heat it up! This Vita Mix is worth it's weight in gold for me.

See how vibrant and brilliant green it is!! It's delicious too!

Joey has had this every single day for over a month - he has lost 20 lbs in 2 months!
He is feeling quite BUFF!

4 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

You crack me up how you take pictures of every single step.....even the water! LOL! I love it though! I love all of your pictures and enjoy reading your blog nearly every day. Keep up the great work! :)

11:34 PM

 
Blogger Judy Cozza Photography said...

You crack ME UP! Quit making me laugh.
I have COOKING TO DO! Hahahahaha

2:45 PM

 
Blogger Debbie said...

I love it that you do the pics of each step. If a newbie comes here to read your blog they will not feel so daunted about making these things. I remember when I first started making raw foods.. I wondered if this goop was what it was supposed to really look like..lol.. I love your blog!! It is my everyday reading now.. look forward to each post.

Need to tell us some about this Rachel you talk about alot. Have I missed this post??

3:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks sharing your "green drink secret!" I made some this morning & loved it. Cheers!

Jen

10:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home