Thursday, April 06, 2006

HAMBURGERS

Okay - I apologize that the pictures are blurry. Can't redo them at this point.
I started with soaking regular mushrooms in Braggs Amino, olive oil and fresh rosemary from my garden. They soaked overnight. Then I put them through my food processor.

I soaked 1 cup of macadamia nuts and 1 cup of walnuts and 1 cup of sunflower seeds
together for a couple of hours. Then put them through the
food processor.

I chopped in my food processor - 4 stalks of celery, garlic, onion and bell pepper.


I mixed the mushroom mush, the processed soaked nuts and the veggies all together
by hand. Then I formed them into "hamburger" patties on my Teflex trays.

Here is my 80 yr old mother, Betty, enjoying a healthy "Hamburger" and her favorite salad
with romaine, red bell peppers, pinenuts, hemp seeds and avocado. I made a homemade
Caesar Dressing with olive oil, nuts and lemon juice. Notice she is almost
finished with her glass of fresh GRAPE JUICE that I made a couple
of days ago. MMMm good.
She told me... "I can't believe this tastes so good."
Can I come back tomorrow for your pizza?"
"Sure, Mom. See you at 5:30!"

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really enjoy the blog. Are all your food items organic or conventional? Plus, roughly how much is your food cost per week?

9:14 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its so heart-warming to see people warming up the "raw, wholesome food idea" - especially your mom. Way to go Judy!!!

Jen

10:32 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow--celebrity guest spots on maw in the raw...who would have guessed?!

Grandma looks fanTAStic.

xoxo
J

11:07 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Judy!
These look fantastic! What did you use for buns?

Jen

12:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi' I just wanted to let you know that I've been thoroughly enjoying your blog - as well as all the wonderful, creative ideas & recipes -- for the last couple of days! I get a kick out of your "ooh la la's" since I live in France and, of course, hear that quite often here!
---Thank you so much for all the effort you put into your blog... and know that it is appreciated!

Denise

3:14 PM

 
Blogger Judy Cozza Photography said...

I try to get as much organic as I can.
I get a food allowance of $120.00 a week for the 5 of us.

8:41 PM

 
Blogger Judy Cozza Photography said...

The ratio of marinated mushrooms to the nut mixture was about 4 cups of nuts to 2 cups of mushrooms.

8:43 PM

 
Blogger Judy Cozza Photography said...

i didn't buy buns. I got the Ekekiel sprouted bread. We love using these
since they are cooked at such a low temperature (Ekekiel makes that claim themselves).

8:44 PM

 
Blogger Judy Cozza Photography said...

Denise - how the heck did you hear about my blog in FRANCE??? Very fun!

8:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw it mentioned on a 'health forum' I check once in awhile. Intrigued by your 'name', I decided to check it out! Internet truly is a great thing...
I, too, have five girls (mine are all single - 15-23) sandwiched between 2 boys - (25 & 12). Only
4 kids at home now. I'm not too good at 'all raw' - my hubbie's a meat and potato guy -- but I'm improving! At any rate, I haven't eaten meat nor dairy for many months. We're American, but have been here in France for about 22-years. Again, thanks for your blog!!
Take care,
Denise

10:11 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I just love your blog! I've been raw for 7 months now and its been fantastic! Haven't been able to get my husband to go raw but he does try my creations and loves most of them..some he does not!
I've got a question about the hamburger..do you dehydrate them and if you do for how long?

Gwen

4:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, She is truly beautiful, especially for 80!! She looks half her age !!! Rock on Betty and rock on raw food !!!!

4:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home