Saturday, March 25, 2006

SATURDAY NIGHT - FUN

Tonight is Saturday night. We decided we better cut up all the million of bananas
we have bought over the last 2 weeks. We cut them up and froze them on cookie sheets.
Then we will bag them to use for our green drinks and for our summer smoothies.
Gina - where are you? It's gonna be a "cool" summer in this 110 degrees!


After Jacob finished with the bananas, he decided that we needed more fudge.
So we used 2 1/4 c pure maple syrup, 2 1/4 c raw cocoa and 1 cup coconut oil.
We whirled it in the Vita Mix and it came out smooth as silk. Jim wanted walnuts
in it this time - so we chopped some up and added them. Then put them on top too.
Ahhhh - such a fancy treat!


I made Sunday's dinner since we were all in the cooking mood. I must made up a simple
spinach mixture in the food processor - added a red bell pepper, 4 stalks of celery, mushroom tips, 1/4 of an onion, 2 garlic cloves and spices.
I filled each mushroom and then carefully set them in a flat dish. I poured Braggs Aminos,
olive oil and fresh rosemary from my garden as the marinate. Now they will soak up all the
great flavors and be ready to eat when we get home from church. MMmmmmm - wish you could come home for dinner girls!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a feeling you attend church...Hey, it helps to be as nice as you are! May I ask what church you attend? I go to Desert Breeze Community Church. ;-)Jen

8:08 AM

 
Blogger Debbie said...

Is there a particular reason for freezing the bananas before bagging them? I have always cut them up in small pieces then bagged then froze.Love this blog. It is the only one I read EVERYDAY! It would be so nice if my other half was into eating this way.

11:01 AM

 
Blogger Judy Cozza Photography said...

Hi Debbie - I have found that cutting them and putting them on cookie sheets to freeze, I could just scoop them into a bag the next day and they would be individually frozen. I can grab one or as many as I want. Thanks for your comments! Good luck!!

5:43 PM

 
Blogger Cindy said...

The fudge looks so yummy! I think I'll try it tomorrow. :)

I freeze my bananas before bagging them, but I leave them whole. Some people don't even peel them first, but I think it's less work if you peel first and then freeze them whole. Sometimes I cut them, but I mostly make "ice cream" in my Champion, so I just break them in half when I use them. It's just quicker for me. I guess everyone has their preference.

12:26 AM

 
Blogger Judy Cozza Photography said...

Cindy - that was a great idea to just freeze them whole and put them through my Champion. Do you add anything else to the banana ice cream, once it comes out all smushy???

7:31 AM

 
Blogger Cindy said...

I think you've already tried it by now, but yes, you can add anything you like! I always do bananas as a base and sometimes I add other things like other frozen tropical fruits (pineapple, mango, coconut, etc.) and sometimes I even add a few chopped nuts after processing it through the Champion. You really can't go wrong if you just experiement with ingredients you like! I've even drizzled honey over it to give it a sort of caramel taste/texture!

You may be interested in the book called "Vice Cream". You can buy it on Amazon. I wish I had it, but I've only heard great things about it. The recipes are high in fat because many of them use cashews as a base, but I've heard they are wonderful! It would be great to have for special occassions.

2:38 PM

 
Blogger Judy Cozza Photography said...

I never heard of that book - but will run out and see if I can check it out at the library. Thanks for all your help.
I appreciate your experience!

7:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Judy,

Try the fudge with a bit of fresh ground peanut butter mixed in. Yummy!!!

Sheri

11:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home