Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter dinner and was it an egg hunt or egg throw?

Easter Dinner!
You ask...."if you are eating raw - then are those are raw eggs?

Nope. Not raw eggs. They are mushrooms stuffed with a cheese sauce (cashews)
and lentil salad and spanish rice stuffed into small tomatoes. I served the
cheese sauce, lentil salad, spanish rice and homemade salsa in bowls on the side
for anyone to add more to their salad. We served flax crackers with homemade
salsa.
Now you ask......so if you don't eat deviled eggs....then what do you do with them?
Take a look.... this will give you a hint.
A bulls eye.

Jacob wants to win the prize again. They have 5 dozen eggs to throw to
get it right in the bulls eye.
Last year - all the son-in-laws were here to get in on the fun!
(Jacob won last year)Joseph really tries hard...but Jacob is still closer.Jimmy hears all the fun and comes out half naked to
take a try at the last 2 eggs.
Jacob was the winner - yahoo - 2 years in a row!

Now....THAT'S what we do with OUR eggs at Easter.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? No recipes? You've spoiled
us.....
Was the lentil salad in the
tomatoes cooked? I think I remember the Spanish rice from
an earlier blog...I'll look...

Great pictures...

Denise

10:36 PM

 
Blogger Judy Cozza Photography said...

The Lentil salad - I made up - and it's raw.

1 cup lentils soaked overnight.
1/2 red onion, 1 cucumber, 4 tomatoes and 1 zucchini.

The dressing is olive oil and apple cider vinegar.

It was very very tasty!

6:43 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much...I'll be trying
that soon! Again...I really enjoy
your blog!

Denise

7:50 AM

 
Blogger Cindy said...

I LOVE your Easter egg-throwing tradition! I might just have to make that a new tradition in our family as well! :)

We went to the grandparents' house yesterday (my in-laws) and came back with a grocery sack FULL of candy! Yuck! Two of my three kids are not feeling well now (upset tummies, throwing up), and they didn't even have that much! :(

Great job, Mom! Happy Easter.

HE IS RISEN!

:)

9:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the "personality" you add to this blog. Life is more than just the food one eats, and you show that. I almost enjoy hearing about your family more than what you eat. ;-)

Jen

6:33 AM

 
Blogger jamie said...

I am amazed with the deviled egg look-alikes! You are real creative, mom!

Did Jimmy take his shirt off just for the picture? He is ripped! Those boys keep getting more and more handsome.

2:31 PM

 
Blogger Judy Cozza Photography said...

Jen - thanks for your comments - you always make my day. There is never a dull moment around here - it's fun!

Jamie - the deviled eggs were really tasty. I will make them again because the cheese sauce was so good. We had the cheese sauce yesterday and it actually tastes like the deviled eggs without anything else. It's the honey mustard I put in it.

Jimmy was sick in bed. When he heard the commotion of the boys throwing eggs - he ran downstairs without being fully dressed. He didn't know I had the camera and since he was throwing the last 2 eggs we had - I had to take advantage of the moment. Yeah - he's buff - but don't tell HIM. Thanks.

12:09 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh dear - what a waste of eggs- you may not eat them but some poor chicken had to lay all those
eggs, and they never even got eaten (you could have given them away!).
I can't stand to see such a waste, especially as precious as one given to us by a living creature!

6:46 AM

 
Blogger Judy Cozza Photography said...

Not to worry. Someone else would have bought them and hid them and some would still be lost - so they would rot.
Better a smashed egg than a rotten one.
Oh how I hate that stink!

4:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home