Sunday, March 19, 2006

APPLE WALNUT PIE & AMAZING ICE CREAM

Okay - it's time for APPLE WALNUT PIE! This is the crust. I mixed everything up and put it in the glass pie pan. I could have stopped right here and eaten the whole thing because it was so tasty. See recipe down below.


I mixed up the filling and put it on top of the crust. I then put it in the dehydrator for about
5 hours at 105 degrees. When we were ready to eat it - it was actually a little warm.
Oo - la - la great!

I yelled out "Dessert Time" and everyone came running! (except for Joey - he was
upstairs and didn't hear the "call". Dad is getting the first helping. Jimmy and
Jacob are anxiously waiting their turn.

Jimmy is telling Jacob - "Hey don't take it all!". They wanted vanilla ice cream to go on top - so I made that too (using cashews) . I have to say that the ice cream was STUPENDOUS - the most amazing texture just like real ice cream - you've just gotta try it.


Apple Walnut Pie.
CRUST: 2 c walnuts, 13 dates, 1 tsp. vanilla, 1 T cinnamon
Chop up the walnuts and then chop up the dates in the food processor.
Add a tiny bit of water if you think you need it - I put in about 2 T water.
Mix everything together and press in a glass pie plate.
FILLING: 4 c very chopped apples (food processor by itself), 2 T lemon juice, 1 T cinnamon,
1 C chopped walnuts (in my small processor) 1 T. honey.
Process everything in the food processor. Pour it into the crust. Dehydrate at 105 degrees until warm - I left it about 5 hours. Repeat after me.....oo - la - la!

Now - see this blender.......does this look like ice cream in the making???

AMAZING - VANILLA ICE CREAM
2 c soaked cashews (I soaked them 2 hrs)
3/4 c water
1/2 c honey
1 T vanilla
Blend all the ingredients in the VITA MIX until very smooth.





Pour the smooth mixture into ice cube trays and let it freeze.


















Don't bother scooping it and putting it into little bowls for everyone. Just give everyone their own ice cube tray of fresh ice cream!

Like Joey said, "This is UNBELIEVABLE" - "just friggin awesome!" He said that he can't believe that I can make the best stuff out of the wierdest ingredients. (like that chocolate mousse - that was amazingly super too!) Thanks, Joe!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now THIS looks good. Can't wait to come taste it for myself!

8:48 PM

 
Blogger jamie said...

Your blog just keeps getting better. This DOES look good!

Mom - I've missed your pictures and comments for the past few days. I've been checking in so often to see the latest. Glad you're still discovering great new things. I've got to try the icecream and pie sometime!

10:34 PM

 
Blogger Judy Cozza Photography said...

Thanks for your comments - you know it just "eggs" me on to do more! Ha!

3:34 AM

 
Blogger Jodie said...

I keep looking at your blog, too, to see if there is anything new! it all looks so fun and fantastic! By the way, Joey looks so good and grown-up! Yikes!

9:05 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have a quick, dumb question! But what's the difference between a food processor & a blender??

10:14 AM

 
Blogger Judy Cozza Photography said...

There is a big difference in my opinion. The food processor chops your food in little pieces or slices or whatever your recipe calls for.
The blender really whirls the food at a faster rate and makes your food into a creamy state - like for my smoothies and green drinks.
My food processor does not make anything as smooth as my Vita Mix. That is why I use both every day.
Thanks for the question!

12:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the pie and icecream look yum. Thanks for sharing your recipes and pictures Judy. I think I need to stay away from your blog for awhile...its so tempting, especially now, that I'm the master cleanse..ha. Anyway, keep up! *smile* jen

2:23 PM

 
Blogger Judy Cozza Photography said...

Come back - come back!! Ha!

8:16 AM

 
Blogger Judy Cozza Photography said...

The "heavy" meals we are eating are only for dinner. We drink a fruit smoothie in the morning and a huge 32 oz green drink for lunch with a little fruit on the side. All our healthy issues are disappearing and we have so much energy.
Thanks for your comments - keep up the good work!

6:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home