Thursday, March 09, 2006

Broccoli Salad

I was quite excited today when I went out to the garden and picked my own broccoli and red cabbage. I also added some dandelions too because we have them growing everywhere! (Dad said, "hey you missed some by the pool!".
I took Nan Hinton's, one of my best friends, broccoli recipe and fine-tuned it to fit our style.

We ended up with this delicious dish that I can't stay away from. I hope my family comes
home soon - or I'll have the whole bowl finished off!

BROCCOLI SALAD
2 large bunches of broccoli
(I added a little red cabbage head and a bunch of dandelions)

2/3 c raisins
1/2 cup plain sunflower seeds
1/2 c chopped onions
1 1/2 cup of veganaise and a little olive oil
a dash of maple syrup
I added a little garlic and some red pepper flakes.

Make the sauce first - taste it - if you like it - you'll like the end result.
Then add the chopped broccoli and other greens.
Serves 1 happy maw in the raw or 10 hungry people



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! This is Yulia Draschil , Rachel's sister-in-law, we've met a couple of times at her house. I hope after this explanation you know who I am and don't wonder who's this person writing here.
WOW! Great job! Your pictures(and your commentsto them) DO the trick: they make me hungry and motivated. So DON"T stop! I'm going to come back regularly.

10:29 AM

 
Blogger jamie said...

Maw - I love that you can have a garden year-round in Arizona. Nothing better than growing all that you can out of your own yard.

This broccoli salad recipe looks like it would be good with sunflower seeds too!

1:40 PM

 
Blogger Judy Cozza Photography said...

Thanks Yulia and Jamie!
This is way too much fun! I'll have to do what Rachel is going to do - start classes and CHARGE!!! Yahoo for a new adventure!!

8:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home