Sunday, March 19, 2006

Cheesy Cabbage

This dish was so easy and fun. I went to our garden and picked a purple cabbage and added
1/2 of a head of regular cabbage. I cut them into long thin strips. I also added some fresh cut up green beans and several small yellow and red peppers. I put it all in a bowl and poured 1/4 c olive oil and the juice from 1 lemon and mixed it up. After I stirred it well - I sprinkled about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of nutritional yeast on top and stirred it again. When I served it to Jim, I sprinkled some hemp seeds on top. Mmmmm. You can see we ate an avocado and homemade flax crackers and a small green drink to top it all off! Very hearty and great. (recipe from Rachel Talley, in Utah)

2 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

I love the added touch with the flowers. You make everything look so good! I'm definitely going to have to try the "ice cream" with cashews, but I'm trying to stay low fat right now, so I'll have to stick to my banana "ice cream" for the time being. We all love it though. You can add lots of things to it. I've added honey and carob or just honey drizzled over the top. Mmmmmm! I also like adding other tropical fruits. Yummy! Have you tried a fruit freezie in your Champion? So good!

I also have a recipe for a really good "chocolate" cake if you're interested! It's pretty easy, and SO GOOD!

5:02 AM

 
Blogger Judy Cozza Photography said...

Cindy - BRING IT ON! Email me - judycozza@gmail.com. I'm waiting!

8:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home