Wednesday, March 08, 2006

FABULOUS PIZZA


Jimmy rushed home to be the first one to make his pizza tonight.
After his first two bites - Jimmy shows you (and it's not a fake) that he really loves it!

Jim Cozza is also giving you a true thumbs-up because he thinks this tastes
better than a meal at the restaurant. (He's my best fan)
Jimmy loved all the sauces and used all the toppings.



I marinated portabello mushrooms all day in olive oil and my own rosemary
that I am growing in the back yard. Mmmm. I also made a homemade PESTO sauce and my own PARMESAN Cheese to put on top. WOW!

Jim said he wanted me to make this again and again.
"Hey - get Ben and Peggy Archuleta over here - they've
just got to taste this!"

So....another evening where everyone eats in the raw with a smile!
(Recipes by Rachel Talley in Utah)

PIZZA

Use the Ezekiel Sprouted Wheat Tortillas
Spread either homemade Pesto Sauce or homemade Marinara on top.
Top with whatever you like. We used:
Tomatoes, yellow and red bell peppers, purple onions, marinated mushrooms, shredded
zucchini and yellow squash, spinach and shredded cauliflower from our garden.
Top with homemade Parmesan Cheese.

PESTO SAUCE
3 cups fresh basil
1 cup pinenuts
4 garlic cloves
a dash of salt
Put everything in the processor and let it chunk up - scrape with your spoon and then slowly
add about a cup of olive oil until it's as creamy as you like.

MARINATED PORTABELLO MUSHROOMS
Place
Portabello Mushrooms in a glass pie dish.
Cut up fresh rosemary - about 3 stems.
Add the best olive oil to cover the mushrooms.
Add a 1/4 c of Braggs Aminos.
Let this marinate all day.

PARMESAN CHEESE
I ground up 1 cup of walnuts in the processor.
Added about 2 cups of Nutritional Yeast and a dash of salt.
I started eating this by the spoonful.
Yum.


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dad looks dang cute in these pictures!
What a super-looking grandpa.

xoxo
Jana

9:01 PM

 
Blogger Jodie said...

I was thinking the same thing when I saw this...Dad looks great! I love seeing pictures of him here. Jimmy looks pretty darn cute, too!

5:15 PM

 
Blogger Jodie said...

p.s. what exactly is "nutritional yeast"? it makes me nervous that you eat it by the spoonful. :)

3:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, I also wanted to say that Dad is looking fabulous these days.

3:54 PM

 
Blogger Judy Cozza Photography said...

Glad you think Dad looks so great - so do I. I am also glad you asked about Nutritional yeast. It provides super nutrition and gives a super flavor if you want a cheesy taste - I didn't think I would like it - but my body must want it - I really love it now. Dad loves it and so does Jimmy. Joey is never home these days. (Eating out!)

Nutritional Yeast is an outstanding source of protein too(52%), and contains important essential amino acids. It is especially high in the B-complex vitamins and an excellent source of folic acid, which is important for formation, growth, and reproduction of red blood cells.

See - I am learning! Read the books!

Jean use to make me eat it or put it in my drinks when I was pregnant and then when I was nursing. Ask Rachel Talley- she'll really get you hooked on it.

Now that I understand - oh - we use it almost daily! Thanks for asking!

4:05 PM

 
Blogger Jodie said...

good to know! Thanks, ma!

7:32 PM

 
Blogger Judy Cozza Photography said...

I just realized that I can answer you back here. Thanks for all your comments - it just eggs me to keep going! Ha!

9:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home