Friday, March 17, 2006

LENTIL SALAD

I know it's not green food like everyone else did today on St. Patrick's Day.
I am feeling guilty but let's move on. This lentil salad was different but excellent.
I soaked red lentils overnight. Then I just added these chopped veggies: 1/2 red onion,
1 cucumber, 4 tomatoes, & 1 zucchini. The dressing is olive oil and apple cider vinegar.
I thought the lentils would get really soft - but they had a slightly crunchy texture. I made this
at noon - so it could marinate the rest of the day.The "vinegarette" dressing made it wonderful with cucumbers, tomatoes and red onions. Jim really enjoyed this. He wanted an Ezekiel tortilla with it and avocado. Well - the avocado was GREEN! Whew - guess I don't feel so guilty afterall.

5 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

I love your sense of humor! My 5yo son had green hair today (temporary--he just got it cut, so she added some color for St. Patrick's Day), and that's about all the green we did. I don't think I even made green smoothies today! Oh, there was a simple salad for supper......

I'm working on getting my table cleaned off so I can have all our produce spread out on it! I don't know why I haven't done that sooner. Maybe I should buy a pretty table cloth! :)

11:07 PM

 
Blogger Judy Cozza Photography said...

Hi Cindy - with all the holidays coming up you could even change your table cloth according to the holiday! Now - that's what I am going to do! Thanks!

4:42 AM

 
Blogger Paula said...

SO THANKFUL FOR YOUR SITE!! Thank you so much for sharing so many recipes. I have kids and am always looking for raw recipes THEY will like. They go excited looking at the pictures on your web (especially of your children eating).

6:24 PM

 
Blogger Judy Cozza Photography said...

Thanks for your comment. I started doing this for my 5 married daughters - I had no idea that others would be "looking in" one day. As you can see - we are having a great time and feeling on top of the world!

3:37 AM

 
Blogger Debbie said...

Love the site and all the recipes.. Has made me get more serious about eating raw. Does Rachel have a website? I thought that the yeast was not good for the body according to the Natural Hygiene? gonna try it tho... Thanks for sharing and I especially love the kitchen storage ideas... Again Thanks for everything.
Debbie

11:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home