Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Soft Tacos

We had the best soft tacos yet tonight- with a filling that was out of this world!
The little bowl has the secret "meat filling". I used walnuts and grinded them in my mini-grinder.
I added a touch of cumin and 2 squirts of Braggs Aminos.
That is all. It tasted like a beef taco filling. I found the recipe
in "The Complete Book of Raw Food" book.
We made homemade salsa and stuffed the Ezekiel tortillas with cucumbers, lettuce
tomatoes and avocados. We felt it was good enough for company.
So....we invited the Helland's over to eat.
Darn. They left before we got their family picture.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog! Thank you so much for sharing! The pictures are very inspiring.

I have a question, what kind of 'mini grinder' is it you use for nuts for things like the tacos and toona?

Thanks again.
Anne

7:37 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is Ezekiel Bread or tortilla's raw? I have gotten conflicting answers and was curious how you felt about it. Great website. I love it!

My email is zaksmom@cox.net

9:44 AM

 
Blogger Judy Cozza Photography said...

The mini grinder I referred to is the little coffee grinder I bought at Walmart for $10. It does a perfect job in grinding nuts and flax seeds.

To the answer about Ezekiel breads and tortillas. The Ezekiel company was contacted and they have made a statement that their products are cooked at a low temperature. They are not raw - but for someone like me who thinks I still need bread and tortillas - this is a perfect choice for now. It is the best choice of any thing out there like this (unless I make it myself.) One day we will be able to let go of this "not so raw" food but for now we enjoy it and are happy to eat it.

2:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank your for your answers and thank you for this blog!

Anne

5:04 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love coming to your site for inspiration. Gorgeous pics and the food looks and sounds fabu!!

5:46 AM

 
Blogger Judy Cozza Photography said...

I wish I could blog more - but we keep fixing the same things over and over because we enjoy them so much! I am trying to eat different foods! ha

7:52 PM

 
Blogger Judy Cozza Photography said...

Tonight - Jim took the boys camping.
I packed extra green drinks and fun stuff for them to eat. (crackers and granola) Looks like I am "off the hook" for cooking and blogging tonight!

8:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home