Wednesday, March 22, 2006

PAD THAI over "angel hair" pasta

This is the PAD THAI that I was talking about with the angel hair zucchini and cucumbers.
I served it with a salad and extra veggies from my garden (broccoli and purple cabbage) , bell pepper and the obvious avocados. I have to say that I could taste all the
different flavors in the sauce. The sesame seed oil in the sauce really made it taste authentic.
The broccoli and purple cabbage and red bell peppers are all separated on the plate when we started - but we ended up smooshing everything together so everything had the Thai sauce on it - Mmmmmm.


Here is the friend's plate I made - you can see how we just piled the Thai sauce over
the medley of fresh vegetables.


Well, my mother (80 yrs old) is in the hospital tonight - I couldn't bear the thought that she
wasn't getting a "REAL" meal in there - so I took her a plate of the Pad Thai, too. It made her so happy that after our walk - we almost just walked out of the hospital because she felt so good.
"Ah".....another happy day!


PAD THAI
Noodles - zucchini and cucumbers angel hair. You can also use
sliced cabbage, julienned carrots as your pasta also.
Peanut Sauce: (from p, 116 "Raw Food Detox Diet")
1 c almond butter (put 2 cups of soaked almonds through Champion Juicer)
2 T. fresh ginger
1/2 c coconut water
1/4 c maple syrup
3 T Braggs Aminos
5 tsp sesame oil
3 cloves of garlic
dash of cayenne pepper
Blend everything in the Vita Mix until smooth.
Serve with sweet peppers, broccoli, tomatoes, mushrooms, chopped green onions
and sesame seeds.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now If you could only make raw versions of massaman curry, saag, and chicken tikka masala...yum! Love your blog and your recipes! I'm trying the pad thai tomorrow!!! Thanks for you enthusiasm!

Kelly
Orem, UT

1:38 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now If you could only make raw versions of massaman curry, saag, and chicken tikka masala...yum! Love your blog and your recipes! I'm trying the pad thai tomorrow!!! Thanks for you enthusiasm!

Kelly
Orem, UT

1:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home