Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Portabello Burgers

We made Portabello Burgers tonight. (compliments to Rachel Talley and her recipes) I also made a Cashew Gravy to put over them andan Alfredo Green Sauce that I got from Jamie Bailey. I came home at noon - made the burgers and put them in the dehydrator until we ate at 7:00 pm Oh they even looked like they had been cooked - almost burned - Ha! I made Jim's plate first and before I even got to make my plate - my boys all came in and wanted some. Jim stood up and wanted seconds and the burgers were all gone. Jim LOVED LOVED the Green sauce made with cashews and cilantro and dill. I really enjoyed it - but the cashew gravy was so smooth and creamy - I think I liked that one better. Anyway - here's the pictures to prove it. Jimmy (17 yrs) got invited to go out after his baseball game - but he said no - he stayed home and ate our healthy dinner. Joey wanted at least 2 burgers and of course - Jacob is tasting the cashew gravy here - and always eats the healthy way with me. Jim's comment when the dinner was over. "I want this at least once a week". That made my day. (still smiling)

PORTABELLO BURGERS
Put the carrots in the food processor and blend until diced small. Then add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Remove from the processor and form into burgers. Place on a mesh dehydrator screen and dehydrate for about 6 hours.

4 medium carrots
1 cup walnuts
2 cups portabello mushrooms
1/2 c onions
small bunch of cilantro
2 TBSP olive oil
pinch of cumin
1/2 tsp curry
pinch of salt

ALFREDO GREEN SAUCE
Put all the ingredients in the food processor and whiz until very smooth and creamy by adding water to make the proper consistency.

1 c cashews, washed and soaked
2 TBL nutritional yeast
2 tsp Braggs Amino
pinch of dill weed
1 TBL onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1 dmall bunch cilantro
1 tsp lemon juice
water enough to blend to have a thick creme.

CASHEW GRAVY
1 cup raw cashews tossed into the blender.
Cover them with water.
Start out low and speed until cashews are broken up.
Increase speed until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
Braggs Aminos to taste.
delicious!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home