Monday, October 30, 2006

Meal for hypertension?

A very close girl friend called me yesterday and told me that her husband went to the doctor and he was told that he has hypertension. Darn. But he has been a heavy meat eater all his life so it was not so surprising. I told her that I would start posting some great raw salads that she can make for him. Raw is perfect - steamed veggies would be a slower transition for him of course and would be better than none at all. This salad recipe I got from Rachel. It's all raw. Her family loves it and my family loves it when there is way more pineapple than anything else! I put the Dulse flakes on top of mine but my family didn't really care for that!

Ingredients:
Red bell pepper, celery, tomatoes, cucumbers, pineapple, avocado and cilantro.
Here I only cut up half the pineapple - but ended up using the whole thing.
Here is how it looks ready to serve.
The pineapple is what makes it taste so so good!

4 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Wow, this sounds really great mom!

9:39 PM

 
Blogger Judy Cozza Photography said...

I am trying to do without salt but Joey put that Mexican spice on it and LOVED it. I tasted it and whoa - for someone who is trying to stop salt - THAT WAS GOOD! It was even better the next day - and again...the pineapple made it fabulous.

5:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it and it's so colorful!

2:35 PM

 
Blogger jamie said...

Just tried this today. I couldn't resist the pineapple-cilantro combo. (Remember that delicious pineapple-cilantro candle that someone gave us for our wedding???)

Anyway - this is a great recipe. And doesn't need any salt or seasonings. It is SO good as is.

5:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home