Saturday, October 07, 2006

My "IN and OUT" madness!

I haven't been blogging lately. It isn't because I have stopped eating raw - it's because I am so wild and crazy busy. I use to spend at least 2 hrs. in the kitchen preparing all those fun recipes but now I am "in and out" within minutes with my new "madness". When I started making all those raw recipes – I found that I would keep making our favorite ones over and over – so what’s to blog! I love that I have started doing something a lot more simple in my kitchen! (AND WAY HEALTHY) I just buy fruit and veggies and eat them plain. Sounds crazy doesn't it! Bananas, dates, apples, oranges, watermelons, romaine, celery, cucumbers......Mmmmm good. Please don't ask me "where's your protein?" Start reading and you'll soon see that all fruits and vegetables have protein and WAY better quality than anything else. Have you read The China Study yet??

If you want to see what I mean - well - this is my breakfast. Yep - the whole breakfast. Nothing else...or I eat watermelon by itself too. I eat about 5-6 cups of it cut up. It's filling and super. I didn't need a dehydrator or anything fancy. Just a knife and a bowl.
For dinner - I usually have a fun salad that only has about 4/5 or 6 things. I squeeze a little lemon juice on top - no salt - no condiments - no dressing - nothing extra. Just plain ol'good food. I do not use any salt or condiments because I found that has numbed my tongue and I read that they are actually poison to your system . You should try that - maybe it affects you like this and you don't even realize it . Only after a week - I can taste everything and boy - this is good! Even celery! That sounds so different - doesn't it!

So this is what my meal looks like. Romaine, bok choy, celery, grapes, bell peppers, red cabbage and lemon on top. If I am really hungry - then I will eat 2 or 3 bowls. Notice all the dishes I don't have to clean. This is truly "In and Out Madness".

I am making note of what the "no salt or condiments" are doing to my skin and face. I see improvements happening already. Plus - I have so much MORE energy. Sheesh - did I really need more energy! Hahahaha

8 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

I am in the middle of China Study right now and find I am trying to "preach" to everyone I come into contact with. Thank you for your post... I've gotten so MANY great ideas from you.

10:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can relate I’ve found my “raw voice” has become silent. Like you it isn’t because I’m not eating raw but my eating is very simple. I love it!

12:32 PM

 
Blogger TheTalley said...

I LOVE IT! You are doing GREAT! Call me on your trip. I miss you! Rach

5:37 PM

 
Blogger Sharon said...

This is the best way to eat! Good for you!

2:09 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget to read John Robbins' "New Food Revolution" also!

www.mikeciaccio.com/diet

1:24 AM

 
Blogger zenpawn said...

It seems you used to eat a lot of nuts and avocados. Have they taken a back seat? I've always thought the raw diet, as presented in the books, is so high in fat, so this would be a good thing, in my opinion. But, perhaps, you just happened to show us a couple meals with those ingredients absent.

10:07 AM

 
Blogger Judy Cozza Photography said...

Hi Angie - I didn't know it was YOU! I love your blog and your adoreable children. I guess you never know who will be "lurking" onto your blog! ha!

8:35 PM

 
Blogger Judy Cozza Photography said...

Zenpawn - I use to eat tons of nuts and avocados. They really HAVE taken a back seat - although I still eat them. I try to stay around 10% fat - and that would be about 1/4 of an avocado or just a few nuts.

8:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home