Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Small pumpkins or juicy persimmons?

Since I am eating so simple these days - I thought I'd show Gina my new "fruit stand". See - this is what I got at Cosco. The top fruit on the top left are the persimmons I bought while in California. I am still waiting for them to ripen. They are so juicy and delicious. I never had them before this trip to California. Jenny and I went to a great, organic Farmer's Market while I was there. Actually I got the watermelons, the avocados, the oranges AND the pomegranates there too - not to mention the Asian pears, White peaches and the Nectarines that I have in the refrigerator (what was I thinking!) Well - there ya go. :) If you need any fruit - I suppose you would have some pretty good luck finding what you want at my house! Hope you have a "fruity" kind of day!

5 Comments:

Blogger jamie said...

Awe! I wanna come home and eat fresh fruit with you! You'd thinking living here on a tropical island we'd have some selection. Nope! I did find navel oranges (shipped from CA) on sale for $1.49/lb a few days ago(gross, I know).

Your spread looks delish, mom.

5:08 PM

 
Blogger Judy Cozza Photography said...

I am very surprised that mangos, papayas, bananas and coconuts aren't just falling off the trees there. Okay - I'll send you a ticket to come home! All aboard!

7:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the fruit stand, ma! It's way better than the Savers Lady's. Now you need to be throwing raw parties!

4:07 PM

 
Blogger Jodie said...

We just went to the farmer's market on Saturday here in Indiana and I discovered Asian pears too...delish! And, I live on Persimmon Tree Circle, but had no idea that there was a persimmon fruit until the farmer's market. Tell me if you like them!

xoxo
me

7:27 PM

 
Blogger Judy Cozza Photography said...

Jodie - the persimmons are JUST NOW ripe. It is Oct 29th! I bought them in California like on the 10th. They are delicious. Even the Parkers kids liked them.

6:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home