Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Open-faced Cheese Burgers



I used portabello mushrooms for our "burgers." You can see I found four very large mushrooms. I rubbed them with Udo's Oil and seasoned them with a little Bragg's and garlic salt.


I put them in the "oven."


Really I put them in a ziplock bag and put them on top of the trampoline in the sun for three hours while I went shopping.


I made a Cheese Sauce (by Rachel Talley)
1 1/2 c cashews
3/4 c chopped bell pepper
2 garlic cloves
3/4 cup nutritional yeast, 3 T fresh lemon juice,
1/2 tsp chili powder, 1/2 c water and sea salt to taste.













We assembled the Open-Faced Cheese Burger on a piece of Ezekiel Sprouted bread, spinach leaves, pickles, tomatoes, mushrooms, and drizzled the cheese sauce on top. I have to say that everyone enjoyed this burger very much and the cheese sauce really made the flavor outstanding.

4 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Looks great!

I love your blog-so interesting to me.

12:08 AM

 
Blogger Grace said...

Yummy! I wish I could reach into the screen and grab some.

11:29 AM

 
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Those look so good! I love the trampoline; way to get extra use from it!

11:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to thank you for this! I love the idea of roasting mushrooms in the sun and have been doing it since I first saw this entry. You can see my version of your portobello burger here.

4:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home