Thursday, June 22, 2006

SOYBEANS

I know that some people don't think soy beans are good for you. That's okay. I believe that they are gold! Here are some pictures of my own soy beans growing in my garden. The first picture shows the plants about 9 days after I planted them. They grow easy and fast.
These are now starting to flower and produce the bean pods. I can't wait to eat my raw green soybeans. Dr. Jau-Fei Chen is an immunologist and I have attended her seminars for about 6 years. She studies every food, herb and the like under the microscope and determines what foods enhances our immune system so that our bodies can heal themself of all kinds of diseases. She claims that there is no one "magic" food - but that VARIETY is the key. In the book, "Nutritional Immunology" pages 161-166, Dr. Jau-Fei Chen, Ph.D. states that "through evidence...eating soybeans is a sure way to give your body many of the vitamins it needs to keep your body functioning optimally. If more people would incorporate soybeans (the whole food) into their diets as their main source of protein, there would be a substantial drop in the rate of deaths caused by heart disease and cancer. Soybeans may actually contain a substance which aids in the CURE of diseases. There is a great deal of evidence that supports that the soybean is a great source of protein and contains essential vitamins without the saturated fat and cholesterol found in meats and dairy products. The soybean may in fact be the answer to living a healthier, longer life." Posted by Picasa

I used to buy frozen green soybeans at Sprouts or Trader Joe's. We eat them everyday - even putting them into our green drinks. But now - I want to eat my very own that I grow.

One day.....I may even be brave enough to tell you what she says about eating ROSES! Whoa.....that might be too brave of me. We'll see.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that soybeans are a great food item to incorporate into one's diet. And they are very yummy with a bit of sea salt sprinkled on them.

I don't; however, think that all the soy 'meats' that are poping up everwhere are the same thing. Again, its one of those things where over processing has bastardized a good thing.

~Tammie

4:11 PM

 
Blogger Judy Cozza Photography said...

Thanks for your comment. I neglected to state that the only kind of soy bean that Dr. Chen talks about is the whole bean. Not soy milk, not tofu especially not soy nuts and the like. They take the pure food and turn it into a cancer food by deep frying it or completely changing the food. That ruins the whole healing effect. Thanks again.

4:13 PM

 
Blogger sibyl3 said...

I've never met anyone who thought soybeans weren't good for you! I heartily agree that processed soy (and pretty much everything else processed) is definitely very, very bad for you - but whole beans - especially fresh from your garden! Mmmmm! Perfect and as healthy as it gets!

3:22 PM

 
Blogger jamie said...

Does anyone remember that I worked at a soybean packaging factory for a summer? Of course, the company roasted the soybeans and flavored them (ranch flavoring, pizza flavoring, etc...), so they definately were not as good as fresh, whole soybeans. Anyway, Iowa is a leading producer in soybeans (along with corn and pigs).

Ryan

4:25 PM

 
Blogger bkumor said...

I've just heard that they have some kind of harmful hormone and that Asian peoples have been tricked into thinking that their ancestors ate them as their main protein when if fact, they never did. What about that? Is that not true? i'll have to admit that it seems silly to say any whole raw food is harmful since God himself made it for us to eat(presumably) I don't know what to think.

5:11 PM

 
Blogger Judy Cozza Photography said...

Bethany - isn't great that we have our free agency to pick and choose. I choose soy beans and have for over 10 years. I am not dead yet and infact at the peak of my health. You said it all when you said, "...God himself made it for us to eat." Go with what your heart and mind tell you. That's what I do.

8:22 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did Ryan just say Iowa is a leading producer of soy beans???

I LOVE that story.

I hope he takes it upon himself to make Iowa relate to every post that everyone blogs from now on.

IOWA ROCKS!

...and so do soy beans.

7:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for blogging about this book. I just purchased a new copy, for $3.00, at Abebooks.net. I definitely believe we can heal ourselves andimprove our health through our food choices.

I use roses and other edible flowers in some of my dishes. I'm aware of some of their benefits I'm curious to find out what additional benefits they possess.

I always liked, and believed, Hippocrates statetment, "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food".

11:10 PM

 
Blogger Judy Cozza Photography said...

Thanks for your comments. I went to Abebooks.net and ordered the book "Cleanse and Purify Thyself" for $4.00! Great website - let's continue being healthy!

3:46 AM

 
Blogger Yulia said...

Maw, it's not funny......It's been TOO long since you posted. Can't wait for more..
Yulia Draschil

5:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somewhere along your blog or somewhere, I read that Dairy is BAD for everyone. Why does not the comment that "God Himself made it for us" apply to that? After all, God told the Israelites that He was leading them to "a land flowing with milk and honey." That sounds to me like GOD thought milk and honey were GOOD for His people!

1:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Read The China Study. Then you'll understand the whole concept much better and not be so confused.

5:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home