Saturday, June 17, 2006

POWER BALLS

My friend, Peggy, emailed me this recipe for Power Balls. They sounded so healthy that I went right in the kitchen and made them.
I didn't have dates so I used raisins and I didn't use honey but agave nectar instead. I also added sunflower seeds just because it sounded good to me. I also didn't measure. That's common in my world. The original recipe sounded like it made just a few and I wanted to make way more than a few! So I used more ingredients than listed but didn't bother to measure! Go figure. They were fabulous.

I made three plates full and they are all gone. This is something that I will definitely make again. I gave some to my sister, Jean, and Jim took some camping with him this weekend and the rest of them.....well Jacob and I ate.

POWER BALLS
1/2 cup oats - (in food processor until broken up)
add the following to the food processor until a mealy texture.
3/4 cup almond butter
1/4 cup ground flax seed
4 dates (I used raisins)
Remove from the processor to a bowl and add approx 2 T raw honey.
Stir together. Shape into small balls and roll the balls in HEMP SEED. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sound delicious.

2:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home