Sunday, May 21, 2006

CHILI - oo - la - la!

Today is Sunday and Gina, my daughter, and Caleb and Jacob agreed to make dinner after church. It's called....."Chili". (Not very original now is it) Caleb is the navigator of the recipe. (Sorry, I didn't write the source where I found this about 2 months ago)
Jacob is really giving me "the eye" here because I told him that the celery had to be cut up in smaller pieces. He thought he was going to be finished within seconds....now it was going to take longer.Gina doesn't know that I caught her making Caleb's hair "just right" for the photo shoot! Ha!What a handsome dude!Okay - this is what we did.The bowl on the left is the small vegetables - carrots, celery, red bell pepper, green onions.
We poured Udo's oil and a little sea salt over them and let them sit while we made the "chili".
The chili on the right is:
6 tomatoes
2 avocados
1/2 c sun dried tomatoes
1 T. fresh ginger
2 tsp sea salt
2 T chili powder
2 tso cumin
2 tsp cayenne pepper
We put all of this in the food processor and "let it rip".

Then we combined the veggies and the sauce to be this. Then we
served it with a salad. I know - I know - I was trying to sneak the picture and I didn't get it into focused fast enough but you'll notice that Jacob is having a second helping.
I promise....I want to make this "chili" again.
It was that good!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Judy, although its great seeing your kids, You should get you and your husband in some pictures! Btw, i just checked out your "grandma cookies" post, and especially loved seeing your family's "profiles"...its fantastic! Hope your doing well!
Jen

11:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home