Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Chocolate/Peanut butter Cookies

No picture this time - you don't need it. What you DO need though is the recipe. It's divine!

Chocolate/Peanut Butter Cookie. Put everything into the food processor and whirl until you have a perfect cookie dough. Dehydrate - or eat just out of the container!

2 cups raw rolled oats
1 cup raisins
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup maple syrup mixed with 1/2 c plain cocoa
A touch of vanilla

Mix and eat. Simple and to the point. Jacob wants to take this cookie to his teacher! Yahoo!
After they have dried - they are still so moist and beautiful. I think that even shredded coconut would make them taste heavenly. I will try that next time.

10 Comments:

Blogger Judy Cozza Photography said...

Thanks for your comment. Funny you should ask. I had an old peanut butter recipe and thought - what would happen if I added a chocolate syrup to it? I tried it and loved it. So - you can say "I made it up!". I promise - try it - you will think you went to heaven! My son even took some to school so his teacher could try it also!

6:10 AM

 
Blogger Elian Tyson said...

Is there a way to get raw peanut butter?

9:59 AM

 
Blogger Elian Tyson said...

Is there a way to get raw peanut butter?

BTW - the Banana Cookie bars are awsome. I didn't have raw rolled oats so I took groats and ground them at home... yummy. Maybe next time I'll grind a little more and then soak for awhile.

Thanks!

10:01 AM

 
Blogger Judy Cozza Photography said...

There is if you make it yourself!
I have a champion juicer that does that.

12:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Maw I sub 1/2 Almond butter and 1/2 Cashew butter for the Peanut butter and Cacao. Great recipe

12:59 PM

 
Blogger Judy Cozza Photography said...

Great substitutions! Thanks for your comment.

1:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made it and loved it. I but left out the raisins and added coconut. Yum.

3:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These WERE delicious. I can see why Jake wanted to take them to school. I replaced the raisins with coconut and loved them.

3:49 PM

 
Blogger Judy Cozza Photography said...

I was under the impression that the raisins made them so moist. You cannot tell there are raisins in them if you blend them up really well. Are they dry by adding the coconut?

5:09 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They were just like regular old no-bake cookies which really aren't supposed to be moist.

9:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home