Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Applesauce and cranberry sauce

I got this recipe from a friend. I wanted to try it out. YUM!!!!
I cut up 2 apples and 2 pears and pureed dates in water in my Vita Mix.

I put them all together in my food processor. Viola - applesauce!
It was outstanding - tart - and super tasty.


Then someone recommended cranberry sauce. Well - Thanksgiving is almost here so I wanted to try it before my company comes! (no brainer) I used 2 cups fresh cranberries, 1 cup raisins, 1/2 c ground flax and a touch of agave nectar. I made it in my vita mix.

It was super tart as soon as I made it - but sitting overnight - and well - it was the best cranberry sauce I ever had. Even Jacob LOVED it. You will too if you like cranberries!


I want to make some raw bars for a boutique coming up. I used soaked almonds and dates.
I haven't had treats in a long time so this was really sweet. I dehydrated them for about
6 hours so they weren't so wet - and they are definitely a treat for grandkids. They don't call me "Grandma Cookies" for nothing.



4 Comments:

Blogger zenpawn said...

Looking forward to seeing what you make for a Thanksgiving spread. Could you give us a preview of your menu before the big day?

3:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Judy,
Here's a recipe you might want to try for Thanksgiving. It's a great Cranberry Salsa.

3 C fresh cranberries
1/2 medium red onion, chopped
2 jalapeno peppers, seeded & chopped
1/2 C fresh cilantro
1/2 C honey
2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp grated orange rind

Pulse all ingredients in a food processor until coarsely chopped, stopping to scrape down sides. Cover & chill 8 hours.

Sheri

8:45 AM

 
Blogger Judy Cozza Photography said...

Zenpawn - not everyone eats raw who is coming over. I am going to eat raw though - a bowl of Italian veggies, cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie for dessert! That sounds like a feast to me!
(I already posted those recipes here)

6:52 AM

 
Blogger Judy Cozza Photography said...

Sheri - this sounds fabulous! Thanks for sharing with everyone! I will make it for sure!

6:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home